The European Research and International Cooperation Department (DERCI) implements and promotes the CNRS’s European and international cooperation policy.
Single point of entry for French and foreign institutional partners with regard to the organisation’s international initiatives, it performs the following missions:
- Selecting thematic and geographical priorities, setting up win-win cooperation and structuring partnerships;
- Improving international cooperation monitoring tools and developing a decision-making ideology relying on suitable performance indicators;
- Facilitating the research network between the CNRS and its national and international partners – universities, academies;
- Welcoming, informing and guiding foreign delegations from research organisations, universities and/or research institutions in order to develop new partnerships;
- Making international dialogue an essential tool to enhance French research attractiveness and visibility abroad;
- Coordinating initiatives at the European and international level with foreign institutions.